Return to Directory

Friday, March 10, 2017

Fun Night Monday June 12th at 6:00PM - The Money Pit






































The night I closed on my first house I ordered a pizza and watched The Money Pit. At the time, it was just about the funniest thing I had ever seen. Two poor unsuspecting lovebirds get suckered into buying what they *think* is the house of their dreams, only to have everything under the sun go wrong. It was so over the top absurd that I laughed myself silly.

Fast-forward five years and I have a WHOLE new appreciation for this movie. I bought a "fixer-upper" with stars in my eyes, dreaming about all the DIY projects that were going to be *so* much fun. Hah. There's a scene in this movie that has become my all-time FAVORITE scene in ANY movie. Tom Hanks gets out of the cab and sighs, saying "Ah. Home Crap Home." Every single time something has gone wrong in my house (the roof, the water heater, the foundation, ants eating through the siding - you name it) I remember this movie and start laughing. Home Crap Home. I can completely, totally, 100% RELATE to this movie, which makes it even funnier (if that's even possible).

Anyone who is thinking of buying a house should watch this movie. Anyone who has ever bought a house should watch this movie. Yes, even if you've got a great house with no problems (do those even exist??) - you should watch this movie. And anyone who has ever dealt with a contractor should watch this movie

No comments:

Post a Comment