Return to Directory

Monday, May 30, 2016

Fun Night Thursday September 1st at 6:00PM - Mamma Mia







From what I know of the history of this play/movie the two ladies that worked so 
hard to get ABBA and others to put this together in GB are now two of the wealthiest 
women in England - and from what I have seen it drives the critics nuts, ("lousy, 
bad camera work, Brosnen can not carry a tune etc., etc.,) the bottom line folks, 
this movie fits like that old comfortable shirt your wife (the critic) wants you to 
throw away because it looks "awful". Well, the heck with em, I like my shirt, and I 
like meatloaf and mashed potatos, and I like Mama Mia, maybe it is mind candy, 
maybe it does not reach the high brow standard, but it "feels good" so the pundants 
can take their "expert" advise and put it where "the sun don't shine", this movie 
makes me smile and who knew Meryl Streep could sing like that - the "Winner 
Takes it All" maybe very poorly filmed according to the so called experts because 
the one I saw said "get me off the Merry-go-Round" but it sure sent chills down my 
back - let the experts rave - I know what I like, and this film made me laugh - in times 
like these I will take that any old time over what the high brows think I should see!

No comments:

Post a Comment